Sunday, January 13, 2008

Missions Conference 2008





Wow! Where do I start? We have been so blessed the last week. We have been in California at the Calvary Chapel Missions Conference. It has been a wonderful time here seeing old friends and meeting new ones. All of the speakers were so good, as hey exhorted us to keep the faith, love the lost and press forward for all that the Lord has in store. They all brought very encouraging messages.

We met missionaries from all over the world. We also had some time to spend with friends from Italy. David brought a few guys with him for the conference, it was really great to see them and spend some time with them. We also had some visitors come all the way from New Jersey, Matt and Jess Andersen came to the conference along with the Langley's from Virginia. Niel and Vanessa joined from Albuquerque for the conference as well as see some of their family.

Before the conference we were able to see Mike and Sofia from Sweden. It was great to see them and hear all that the Lord is doing in their lives.

We had so much fun seeing our friends, but we also missed several from Okinawa and Iwakuni, friends that are very close to our hearts couldn't make it to the conference this year. Please pray for us and out future as we look unto the Lord in 08 for all that He might have for us. We rejoice in all that He has in store for the Velarde's

4 comments:

Chiara Mai. said...

Damian e Sandra!!!
So good to see that foto of you and everyone from Italia!! Lord Willing i will get to see you both soon in Montebelluna! And say hi to Mike and Sofia for me, i love those guys alot too!! Blessings
Ci sentiamo a presto!
love chiara.

Tamiko said...

Micah's face on the picture with the Langley's looks great...funny kid. I miss you guys alot! Hopefully I will get to visit when I go to Germany. Blessings!

Mark said...

Aww, missions conference. I loved going to those! It's great to see you being blessed.

Are you headed back to Italy anytime soon?

Anonymous said...

My name is Shannon and this is a response to your job posting Michelle Bonner's Blog…

I am 21 years old, Christian who loves the Lord and have recently graduated from Calvary Chapel Bible College. For the last 2 years I have attended college outside of the country in Germany, Okinawa, and Wales. I have recently moved to Cibolo, Texas and seek full time/part time employment. I have 8+ years of child care experience as a babysitter (4+ years with the same family), 4 months employment with Saddleback Unified School District, as a before and after school children’s leader; as well as 10+ years of children’s care for various churches and events. I am responsible, dependable, energetic, athletic and love to be around children. I have a clean driving record and reliable transportation. I am a non-smoker and non-drinker with good moral character.

Sincerely,
Shannon Ray

I thought I would keep it official...So when's the opening? Lol...love you guys!

"There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the LORD's counsel-that will stand. Prov. 19:21