Wednesday, October 18, 2006

HM2 OUT!



Greetings from Seattle...Well it is final, I was discharged from the NAVY today. It is quite an exciting time for us, but also brings about some mixed feelings for me. I have been in the NAVY for 9 years 11 months and 5 days. It has been an incredible journey that begun soon after graduation. Upon my entrance to the service I was lost, lonely and struggling to find purpose in life and after encouragement from my uncle Max to join the NAVY I ventured out to do so. I say that it brings alot of mixed feelings because the NAVY haas been good to my family and I.

It was during my tenure that I found my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, almost 8 years ago. It was also in the NAVY that I met my bride, right around 6 years ago. So the Lord has done great things in my life over the last 10 years, my desire to find purpose was completed when I found Jesus. The desire that I have always had even from my youth to be called "daddy" from my children is being fulfilled daily. It is in Christ that new desires have been birthed for Sandra and I. The desire to be faithful to the call of Christ. In the Gospel He tells us, "Follow Me" for all people that means to follow Christ, to stop living for our own desires, riches, glory, fame, to accept Christ as Lord and Savior and live for Him.

For each believer that means to seek God's call and be faithful and obedient to "follow Him" in whatever it is He calls us to. Often times those thing don't immediatley make sense in our limited perspective. But, it didn't make sense for God to send His only begotten Son to die, or did it? So for Sandra and I, we have heard God's call upon our lives, we as His children want to be faithful and obedient regardless of the cost. We know, that for which He (God) calls us to, He gives that which we need. Christ promises us in His Word, "I say to you, there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life."

Their is a famous quote by missionary Jim Elliot that I would like to close with, "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

Please pray for us as we are excited about the next season of life as we serve the Lord, pray for our children that they would have a heart to follow Jesus, regardless of the cost, for the Glory of His kingdom, be blessed friends and family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! You're OUT!!! Im excited to see the new things the Lord is gonna do in and through your familia Damian!!

Did you ever get my email that i sent about 2 weeks ago? Just waiting for a response... hit me up if you didnt get anything.

Your bro in christ, Daniel sedota

Torres Family said...

Awesome...you guys are a true inspiration to us and great reflector of Jesus Christ...we love you
Torres Familia

Haley B said...

awesome testimony damien! thankyou for sharing sandra with us while you were away, she's pretty much our hero.

in Jesus, d-house girls

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you for 1/2 of a day on Saturday and I am excited to hear all that God is going to do in and through you wherever HE leads you. Parle Italiano? Bene, Bene!!

May God's blessing be upon you as you travel to Northern Italy.

Love in Christ,
The Roush family

Silvas in Japan said...

Dude, we are excited for you and praying for you as well. Looking forward to seeing you in Nov.